Thinking of starting a new club? First, check the clubs directory and see if something similar exists already. If so get in touch with the contact person or hit Tim up.
If the club you want doesn’t exist, then make it! It’s not hard and can be very rewarding.
How to affiliate a club:
- First thing you need to do is find 6 others who want to join (think facebook, posters in the halls, a megaphone in Tussock, or if that fails get in touch with Tim and he’ll help you out.)
- Once you’ve got your squad sorted, drop into MAWSA to chat about your club and pick up a copy of the clubs handbook – this has all the information you need about running a club.
- The next step is to meet with everyone and elect a committee (at least a President, Secretary and Treasurer).
- Once they’re on board, fill out and sign an affiliation form and club constitution and return them to Tim.
- He will give these documents to the MAWSA Executive to approve your affiliation at their next meeting.
- Once this is sorted, we will set you up with a bank account at ANZ Newtown, a mawsa.org.nz email address and add your club to the club directory.
- Now you’re eligible to apply for grants or plan events to your heart’s content!