In cases of extreme financial hardship including food, assistance from mawsa may be available.
Please note, food parcels are no longer held at mawsa.
Eligibility conditions apply and applications for assistance are approved at the discretion of the Advocate and Executive Hardship Committee.
Students: In dire financial circumstances? Not sure what to do? Check you’ve done the following before contacting mawsa for financial help:
- Apply to WINZ or StudyLink for an Accommodation Supplement, Temporary Additional Support and an Emergency Benefit.
- Obtain an interest-free student overdraft from your bank. You will not be eligible to apply for assistance with mawsa without one.
- Phone creditors (people you owe money to for rent or bills) and let them know if a payment might be late – it’s better to communicate.
- Ask family or friends for support.
- If you require assistance please make an appointment to see the Budget Advisor and bring 3 months recent bank statements with you.
To check your eligibility for food or financial assistance contact the Advocate and Budget Advisor by clicking here now: Advocate, Sian Aldred